Monday, April 19, 2010

When I get where I'm going...

Love this song... www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#brad paisley when I get where I'm going/all/1 Love the lyrics..each one means different things to me at different times...Played this song as they wheeled my dad out of his funeral...you would think it would evoke sad memories, but really it doesn't. I have loved it since the first time I heard it and I love it again each time I hear it. It seems to epitomize to me what we are doing here, and where we are going after we leave here...

My mom brought down some rolls of super 8 movie film that she has kept all these years (courtesy of my grandpa's movie camera) and we had them transferred onto dvd. We picked them up this week and were able to watch them the other night! Oh the memories...so many fun times. It was amazing to watch them. My sisters and I were pretty young in the films and it was so fun to see my younger parents, grandparents, and other family members. Camping in Yellowstone Park, riding in the parades, and horseshows, branding at the ranch, visiting relatives, and Christmas at home... We always did everything with family...always! It was so great to take a little trip back in time for a minute and go back there with family. It was so fun to see my sweet grandparents come back to life for a minute on the screen of the tv. It was great to see my aunts and uncles and even a short glimpse of my great grandpa...I didn't know he was on there, but there he was just like he looks in my memory...I can never remember a time, that we were doing something that my parents and grandparents weren't there, every step of the way...we have been so blessed by the love of a good family...

Brad Paisley says...
"yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears...
I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy,
and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him,
every minute since he left.
Then I'll hug his neck.

The first time I heard this song, I had memories of my parents and grandparents roll through my mind, like someone turned on the movie camera...My whole life has been wrapped with family...where I come from and where I am going...has been defined by these good people. I love my life...I love the crazy, busy, days that we are in...I love the chaos of 4 boys and all life's adventures...but when I get where I'm going...I will definitely hug their necks!

No comments: